NCAA News Archive - 2009
« back to 2009 | Back to NCAA News Archive Index
Division III rewind
The NCAA News
Following is a summary of Division III news from the week of July 27-31.
- Lynn Oberbillig will serve a second one-year term during 2010 as chair of the Division III Management Council, which also elected College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin Commissioner Chris Martin as vice chair.
- Fitchburg State President Robert V. Antonucci is joining the Division III Presidents Council to complete the unexpired term of former Williams President Morton Schapiro.
- Keri Alexander Luchowski will serve as acting executive director of the North Coast Athletic Conference as it conducts a search to fill the position left vacant by the death of Dennis Collins.
- La Roche will sponsor men’s lacrosse as a varsity sport beginning during the 2010-11 academic year.
- One of college sports’ most unusual facilities is getting a makeover, though Cousens Gymnasium at Tufts will retain its most unusual feature.