NCAA News Archive - 2009
« back to 2009 | Back to NCAA News Archive Index
Division III rewind
The NCAA News
Following is a summary of Division III news from the week of October 5-9.
- Lynchburg senior Allie Weir broke the 33-year-old NCAA Division III career record for goals in field hockey.
- The Fitchburg State women’s lacrosse team and swimmer Isaac Rothenbaum of Carthage are Division III winners of the NCAA Sportsmanship Award.
- John Leaney, who led Macalester to victory in the Division III Women’s Soccer Championship in 1998 and has won more than 500 games coaching both men and women, will retire at the end of this season.
- St. Scholastica Nordic ski coach Chad Salmela again will be a color commentator for NBC’s coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- The NCAA is soliciting nominations by October 30 to fill a Division III vacancy on the Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports.